Reporting to: Development Operations Team Lead Location: Waltham
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provide company-wide support for our strategic systems and related services to keep them operating at the highest levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary support for Pro Teck’s custom line-of-business web applications
• Primary support for Pro Teck’s corporate phone system and collaboration tools
• Primary support for Pro Teck’s backup infrastructure
• Secondary support for network infrastructure components such as switches, routers and firewalls
• Secondary support for employee desktops and supported software
• Secondary support for Pro Teck’s development environments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role has no supervisory responsibility.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, development software, design software, internet software, order processing systems, database software, contact management software, and Microsoft Outlook.
Education and Experience:
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years related work experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Advanced computer skills including the following:
o Windows desktop configuration and administration
o Proficiency in at least one business-oriented web application (i.e. Salesforce.com, Dynamics, Hubspot, Epicor, etc.)
o Some programming or scripting experience
• Strong candidates will also have intermediate knowledge of at least one of these products and technologies: VMWare, Hyper-V, Powershell, Linux, WordPress, LAMP/WAMP administration, Azure, AWS, Octopus, TFS
• Exceptional troubleshooting, problem solving and good judgment skills
• Ability to perform work with accuracy, clarity, consistency and thoroughness
• Ability to plan, organize and analyze daily workload for optimum productivity
• Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and be a team player
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• High professional standards and ethics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.