This position has been filled, please check out our other open positions.
Department: Information & Technology
Location: Waltham, MA
Review, analyze, and modify company applications including coding, testing, debugging and documenting. Utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish both Team and Individual goals. Contribute to Architectural discussions/decisions. Provide code review guidance and mentoring to less senior contributors. Contribute to development standards and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize understanding and experience of OO programming on Microsoft Stack to accomplish development objectives in a fast paced, Team Centric environment.
- Demonstrate competency in any technologies relevant to application development at Pro Teck.
- Regularly demonstrates ongoing commitment to increased learning and matriculation in skill levels for relevant technologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to prototype/evaluate new technologies and make recommendations on utilization in our environment.
- Demonstrate awareness of the tradeoffs between risk and perceived efficiency when making implementation decisions and the return on investment of your daily contribution.
- Understand departmentally-defined process guidelines and standards and provide an outstanding example of following them. Suggest improvements to process guidelines and standards. Mentor Team Members in this area.
- Exemplify a disciplined approach to software development, utilizing design, coding, unit testing, code review and assistance to Test Automation as vectors to improve the Teams output & result.
- Work within the Agile Team paradigm exemplifying engagement and willingness to see the project thru and accept responsibility for the team’s goals.
- Demonstrate an ongoing eye for improvements; suggest ways to do things better thinking outside the box to bring improvements.
- Demonstrate an ability and desire to gain greater business understanding and help the Team, and IT in general, support the company’s defined strategy.
- Act as a leader within the team in terms of meeting commitments, maintaining professional interactions both within and outside the team, and making good software decisions that are in line with company objectives
- Contribute to changing Team assignments, rotating between Teams including Rapid Response.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Software Development
- Associates/Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Advanced degree, relevant certification(s) and education a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pro Teck offers attractive compensation plans along with a comprehensive benefits offering including: Medical, Dental, Life, PTO, 401(k), Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts in a casual work environment.
Note: The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.