This position has been filled – please check out our other open opportunities
Location: Waltham, MA
Builds and maintains testing artifacts, executes testing, documents defects and QA processes. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and define QA Test Effort including required artifacts and design of Environments and testing systems.
- Creates QA documentation including but not limited to Test Strategies and Test Plans, Test Cases, and scripts. Manage life cycle of Test Strategy Document.
- Executes Test Plans for each iteration, creates reports on testing status, finds and reports defects in product.
- Determines tasks and estimates effort required for completing tasks.
- Monitors site for special conditions, interrogates database for needed data, prepares test environments, troubleshoot issues with test environments.
- Monitors project progress from QA point of view, including remaining QA effort compared to schedule.
- Tracks daily work activities according to departmental procedure.
- Create new test automation and run automation tests that are available as needed.
- Participate in QA infrastructure enhancement projects as needed.
- Consistently provides opinions and suggestions to improve QA processes and procedures.
- Mentor new employees and share knowledge with team and IT group.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Suitable work experience can be substituted
- Additional related certifications a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER ABILITIES:
- Self-starter with excellent troubleshooting skills and problem solving capabilities
- Proven ability to lead all aspects of a QA Project
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and be a team player
- Ability to manage several project concurrently
- Thoroughly familiar with the Software QA processes and software development lifecycle
- Demonstrate precise and efficient communication skills
- Strong problem solving and good judgment skills
- High professional standards and ethics
- Proficient in MS SQL
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pro Teck offers attractive compensation plans along with a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Life, PTO, 401(k), Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts in a casual work environment.
Note: The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.