Department: Quality Control
Reporting to: QC Manager
Location: Waltham, MA or Remote
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Review Appraiser’s primary objective is to provide high quality residential appraisal and desk reviews within company turn time expectations. In addition, the Review Appraiser will be required to review all other Pro Teck valuation products as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consistently produce the best quality reports available while maintaining client turn time and specifications
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast, high paced environment
• Produce reports that meet applicable industry, Pro-Teck, FNMA and USPAP guidelines
• Review Appraisal, BPO and other alternative valuation products
• Provide desktop and reconciliation services and field work as necessary
• Provide vendors with feedback on quality issues; identify and escalate appraisal concerns
• Research by checking online resources and/or calling assessor’s office
• Interview vendors, and other sources from local markets to verify data
• Meet or exceed minimum production and quality expectations
• Assist department supervisor with any additional responsibilities that may arise
• Responsible for attending team meetings and participate in on-going training/cross training
• Responsible for all continuing education courses and Pro Teck Learning Management assigned classes
• Maintain current State License or Certification in active and good standing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, internet software, order processing systems, contact management software, and Microsoft Outlook.
Education and Preferred Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in residential real estate appraisal
• Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Active State License or Certified Residential Appraisal license required
• Experience with ACI Appraisal Software and Microsoft Tools preferred
• Relevant certification(s) and other industry education a plus
• National Desktop Appraisal Review Experience and knowledge of mortgage lending and GSC’s a plus
• Weekend & Holiday schedules may be required based on business needs
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Ability to perform work with accuracy, clarity, consistency and thoroughness
• Ability to plan, organize and analyze daily workload for optimum productivity
• Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, high energy self-starter and a team player
• Communicate both written and orally, speaks clearly and persuasively; strong listening skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external customers and a variety of situations
• High professional standards and ethics
• Proficient in operating a computer, Microsoft Outlook and Windows Operating Systems
• Effective in written and verbal analysis including persuasive analysis supporting the conclusion
• Maintain compliance with State and Industry regulations including Appraisal Independence
• Maintain a positive, professional business relationship with vendors, internal and external customers
• Must adhere to all safety rules and regulations
• Occasional airplane or automobile travel to corporate office may be necessary with short notice